Following the success of previous events, SMi’s 12th annual Defence Exports Conference will take place on the 27th – 28th September, 2017 at the Crowne Plaza St Peter’s Hotel & Spa in Rome, Italy. A truly global event, Defence Exports 2017 will provide essential briefings on best practices for complying with export controls. Bringing insights from leading international government and senior trade compliance professionals, the agenda has been curated to keep you up-to-date on regulation controls including ITAR, EAR, ECR, Dual-Use and the Wassenaar Arrangement. [Read more…]
After the outstanding success of last year’s event, Europe’s Leading Arms Export Controls conference returns to Defence Exports in Amsterdam to bring together international trade lawyers, Government officials, trade compliance consultants and defence industry professionals from across Europe, the U.S, Africa and Asia-Pacific. They will discuss the latest developments in international export reforms and plans for regulation changes in the future.
Key Government Speakers:
• Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, U.S Department of Commerce
• Major General Jean-Luc Tinland, Director of the Armaments Department, DGA
• Jon Erik Strømø, Director, Section for Export Control, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Georg Pietsch, Directorate General Exports, Ministry of Economics & Technology of National Defence Canada
• Christopher Chew, Head of Policy, Export Control Organisation, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
• Melanie Reddiar, Director of Scientific Support, Non-Proliferation Secretariat, Department of Trade and Industry South Africa
Defence Exports will be held on 4-5 October 2010, Crowne Plaza Hotel – Le Palace, Brussels, Belgium. Defence Exports is Europe’s leading event for export control professionals. Our 2010 conference will provide you with the most up-to-date information and developments in the defence exports arena, bringing together a diverse range of key national decision makers from around the world. Take this opportunity to hear the most up-to-date overviews of the latest export control regulations and reforms from North America, Europe and beyond.
Hear keynote addresses from:
- James Hursch, Deputy Undersecretary of Defense, Technology Security Policy and National Disclosure Policy (Acting) and Director, Defense Technology Security Administration (Acting), US Department of Defence
- Kevin Wolf, Assistant Secretary for Export Administration, US Department of Commerce
- Robert S. Kovak, Managing Director, Directorate of Defence Trade Controls, US Department of State
Why should you attend this event?
- Assess the latest ITAR updates and their impact on international business. Put your questions to key decision makers from the Departments of State, Commerce and Defence
- Hear national export control updates from across Europe and discuss these controls and their impact on your business in our interactive panel discussions
- Discuss the NATO acquisition process and the role of export controls on NATO processes
- Analyse the latest developments in EU intra-community transfers of defence goods
- Learn about how your industry colleagues are managing export controls and hear frank presentations about the nature of Transatlantic defence business and how EU companies are really doing business in the absence of a directive
Plus post-conference workshop: Two Elephants in the Room: The Compliance Risks of IT and Supply Chain – In association with: Baker & McKenzie and David Hayes Export Controls
Visit Defence Exports 2010 [http://www.smi-online.co.uk/defenceexports20105.asp]
Or contact Teri Arri on: +44 20 7827 6162 or [email protected]
SMi Group offers direct access to key decision makers in this sector through tailored sponsorship and exhibitor packages.
For details contact Fiona Punter on tel +44 (0) 20 7827 6098 or email: [email protected]