Counter IED and Force Protection will be held on 6-7 October 2010, Copthorne Tara Hotel, London. IEDs continue to be the biggest threat to ISAF Forces in Afghanistan, consistently causing more casualties than conventional weapons since 2008. Join serving military personnel and experts in the field in analysing the challenge posed by IEDs and gain insight into what has become the biggest issue facing troops in the Middle East.
An internationally-focused event, Counter IED and Force Protection offers you the chance to hear lessons from operations with a special address on the Canadian Experience from Lieutenant Colonel Geof McCarthy, Section Head, CIED Projects, Land Requirements, Canadian Forces and on EOD and CIED Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan from Captain Robert Berish, Commander, EOD Flight, Eglin Air Force Base, US Air Force.
Hear keynote addresses from:
- Lieutenant Colonel Geof McCarthy, Section Head, CIED Projects, Land Requirements, Canadian Forces
- Lieutenant Colonel (Ret’d) Mike O’Bea, Capability Manager, Virtual Training Combined Arms Centre, TRADOC, US Army
- Jim Blackburn, Assistant Capability Director, European Defence Agency
AND CHAIRED BY:
Major (Ret’d) Chris Hunter QGM, Counter IED Analyst, Kratos Enterprises Ltd (Former Senior IED Intelligence Analyst, British Armed Forces)
Why should you attend this event?
- Assess the challenges posed by IEDs to forces on the ground
- Explore different international responses to IEDs and homemade bombs
- Learn about advances in Force Protection Technology
- Speak with key figures dealing with the IED threat
Plus post-conference workshop: C-IED and EOD: Enhancing Support to the Warfighter through Advanced EOD and C-IED Techniques – In association with: Kratos Enterprises
Visit Counter IED and Force Protection [www.smi-online.co.uk/counter-ied5.asp]
Or contact Nicolas Pianet on Tel +44 (0) 20 7827 6728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SMi Group offers direct access to key decision makers in this sector through tailored sponsorship and exhibitor packages.
For details contact Fiona Punter on tel +44 (0) 20 7827 6098 or email: email@example.com