Autonomous Military Technologies, Policy and Governance for Next Generation Defence Systems, 24-25 February 2014, London, UK
Advances in artificial intelligence are accelerating the development of military technologies, weapons and cyber defence tools with increasingly autonomous functions and capabilities.
The potential for greater levels of independent decision-making by lethal and non-lethal technologies raises critical questions for policymakers, industry and civil society. Establishing policy, command-level and legal principles presents an on-going challenge and requires considered debate.
This Chatham House conference will bring together participants from across the range of stakeholders to consider a wide range of viewpoints. Discussions will address:
- Policy and command-level considerations
- Developments in autonomy in air, land, sea, and cyber technologies
- Legal and ethical challenges for autonomous systems
- The changing frontiers of warfare
Connect:ID, An Exploration of Physical & Digital Identity in the 21st Century, March 17-19, 2014, Washington, DC
The Connect:ID, an Exploration of Physical & Digital Identity in the 21st Century, will take place at the Ronald Reagan Conference Center, Washington, DC, USA; Conference: March 17-19, 2014 – Exhibition: March 18-19, 2014. Science Media Partners Ltd and the International Biometrics & Identification Association (IBIA) have launched a visionary new international conference and exhibition – connect:ID – that focuses on all aspects of personal identity and the opportunities for its management in both the physical and digital worlds.
Taking place on March 17-19, 2014, in the heart of Washington, DC, connect:ID will unite solutions adopters and stakeholders from the four corners of the globe and will explore the development and fusion of multiple advanced identity technologies – including biometrics, secure credentials and digital identity systems.
Contact: Janine Bill, Exhibition Sales & Sponsorship Manager at Tel No: +44 (0) 1189 843209 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. www.connectidexpo.com
SDW 2014, The Global Hub For Next Generation Citizen & Government ID Solutions, June 16-18, 2014, London, UK
The SDW 2014, the Global Hub For Next Generation Citizen & Government ID Solutions, will take place at the QEII Conference Centre, Westminster, London, UK; conference: 16-18 June 2014, exhibition 17-18 June 2014. SDW 2014 (Security Document World) – the world’s leading document security show – focuses on ePassports, visas, driving licenses, national IDs, worker credentials, advanced border control, anti-counterfeiting, fraud detection, and much more. The event will provide a global showcase for next-generation human identity solutions, focusing on intrinsic document security and on the new cutting-edge secure infrastructure now required to produce and use these advanced documents in live situations. Plus, a special focus on Biometrics, Document Fraud Detection and Intelligent Border Control.
Contact: Janine Bill, Exhibition Sales & Sponsorship Manager at Tel No: +44 (0) 1189 843209 or by email at: email@example.com www.sdw2014.com
The 7th Annual Border Security Conference will be held on February 26-27, 2014 in Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan, Sofia, Bulgaria. This year’s Conference will feature discussion on current concerns in Eastern Europe and around the world. As a relatively new member of the European Union, Bulgaria faces geo-political challenges unlike many of its co-members. Along with Romania, it is also doing everything it can to be accepted in to the Schengen Area. This necessitates effective border policing and this position as a border security hot spot makes it an ideal and intriguing venue.
Border Security – 2014 will cover the following challenges of border security:
- Marine security: detection of small boats, UK risk assessment of small marinas, port security
- Airport security: cargo, personnel
- Global operations of criminal networks moving through nations through borders – the spread from African nations into Europe through transit countries
- Lone wolf terrorism: how home grown threat does not come under the same scrutiny when crossing their ‘home’ borders; detecting threat as they leave or return from training in foreign countries
- Prediction border movement: how is one nation affected by another nations issues; refugee predictions, criminal gangs take advantage of mass migration of refugees to get lots in the crowd
- Shipment security: detection of illegal contraband, mules; large scale contamination of utilities products; cocaine in a shipment of tons and tons of coal for example
- Technology: biometrics data; sharing data and many more.
IDGA’s Homeland Security 2013 will bring together all personnel from CBP, TSA, USCG, FEMA and more to discuss the most pressing issues facing the homeland defense community. Homeland Security 2013 will feature in-depth sessions covering Land & Maritime Border Security, Cybersecurity & Critical Infrastructure Protection and Disaster Preparedness & Response. Attendees will have the opportunity to examine future trends, identify immediate and long-term needs, and uncover up-and-coming technologies for use in critical areas of the homeland security mission.
Departmental policy makers, uniformed service leaders, law enforcement and industry partners will gather in Washington D.C. to network, share best practices and expose potential paths to analyze the future of homeland security.
Why Attend Homeland Security 2013?
- 100+ Booths within the Exhibition Hall showcasing the latest technologies and product demonstrations
- 50+ National Experts, End-Users (DHS, DoJ, DoD) and Industry Leaders Discussing the Future of Homeland Security
- 30 Speakers Presenting within a Two Day Conference Agenda
- 12 Specialized Workshops Split Between Two Focus Days (Pre and Post Conference)
- 6 Keynote Speeches and 4 Mission Specific Briefings Hosted in the Exhibition Hall
- 4 Days of learning! (Day 1: Intelligence & Information Sharing Focus Day, Day 2/3: Main Conference Days and Day 4: Business Process Improvement Focus Day)
- 3 Tailored Issue Specific Tracks
- 2 “Hot Topic” Community Member Panel Meetings
- 1 Opportunity to Meet 800+ Attendees throughout the Four Day Event
Register online at www.HomelandSecurityExpo.com